When you join, you get:
- Democratic rights: All members elect their workplace reps, branch officers and central union officers.
- Full legal protection: Members get full legal coverage after the second month of membership (Cases can be brought in the first two months of membership if the member pays a £50 surcharge, £100 for private hire license cases). The legal department will not handle cases that pre-date the member’s joining date.
- Campaigning rights: Want to transform your workplace? Members can organise and lead their own campaigns in their workplace with the support of IWGB officers
- English classes: Members have the right to free English classes
- Trade union training: The IWGB regularly runs training sessions on legal rights, organising and other vital skills
All members must abide by the IWGB’s Code of Conduct.